Study Engineer (IE) in Biology
The position is to be filled in Team 5 Mononuclear Phagocytes in Cardiometabolic Diseases at UMRS 1166 Research Unity in Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases at Sorbonne University School of Medicine, 91 boulevard de l’Hôpital, 75013 Paris.
The candidate will be assigned to the group of Dr Thierry Huby.
OBJECTIVE AND MISSIONS
The position is for a candidate who is motivated by a research activity in the area of cardiometabolic pathophysiology as part of a 1-year ANR funded contract. The beneficiary of the contract will participate to the group’s research projects.
YOU WILL PARTICIPATE
– in the development and optimization of methods;
– in the management of mouse lines;
– in animal experiments.
– write the reports of the experiments;
– communicate the results and present them in the form of technical reports and oral presentations;
– be involved in the management of the lab.
– Genotyping (PCR) of murine lines
– Animal experimentation: handling rodents, IP or IV injections, sampling different organs, etc.
– Analysis of biological samples by various ex vivo techniques (immunostaining for flow cytometry analyses, biochemical analysis, RNA preparation and DNA, tissue inclusion and cutting for immunofluorescence analysis, epifluorescence microscopy, …).
– Cytometry profile analyses generated with DIVA or FlowJo.
– Contribute to the general functioning of the laboratory: maintenance and monitoring of equipment, reagent stocks, storage/cleaning, waste disposal, etc.
– Good knowledge in animal experimentation
– Good knowledge in molecular biology, cell biology and immunology
– Good knowledge of flow cytometry and analytical softwares (Diva, Flowjo)
– Knowledge of office automation tools
– Design and apply experimental protocols in a scientific project
– Write a scientific protocol
– Know and comply with health and safety rules
– Assess the relevance of the results
– Use office tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
– Scientific and experimental rigour and autonomy
– Interpersonal skills, team player, you will interact daily with other team members
– Dynamic, organized, initiative
– Life Sciences, Animal Biology bac +5
– Authorization for animal experimentation (particularly desirable)
– 0-3 years of lab experience
– Experience with flow cytometry
Working with rodents
Occasional work in an animal facility (A1 and A2 biosafety levels)
LEVEL of RECRUITMENT – CORRESPONDING DIPLOMA: Study engineer (Master 2)
START DATE: September 2021
CONTRACT PERIOD: 12 months
REMUNERATION: according to the Sorbonne University grid
Please, send CV and cover letter by email to: